I have a fun 30 minute project for those of you who have cats. Or for those of you who have friends with cats. Or those of you who just like to surround yourself with cat stuff yet you don’t have cats. How can you NOT have a cat, or ten? My cats have probably 50 cat mice, toy wands, cans of catnip. Why not make some more?
This is what you will need:
Needle and thread or sewing machine
Yarn for tail
1. I used drapery fabric because I had it laying around. Fold a 6 by 12 inch rectangle in half. Draw a rough estimate the shape you will want. I kept the uncut edge at the bottom of the half circle so I wouldn’t have to sew it. Cut it out.
2. Refold, then sew around most of the half circle except for about an inch or inch and a half. You will need to pull the insides to the outside. The seam should be inside the mouse.
3. Use a funnel to stuff the catnip into the mouse. Make sure the cats leave you some.
4. Tie a knot on one end of the yarn. The knot will go inside the mouse so it won’t easily be pulled out. Tuck the remaining ends of the mouse butt inside of the mouse and hand sew it together. Make sure to stitch the tail in also.
5. Let loose for cats go to wild. And they do.